Last updated: August 04, 2022
It is highly recommended that you review the privacy policies and statements of any website you choose to use or frequent as a means to better understand the way in which other websites garner, make use of and share information collected.
Collection of Information
This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Personal Data: Voluntarily provided personal data which may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, email address, phone number, business affiliation, and social media usernames, which can be used to identify or contact you.
- *Usage Data: Usage data or information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
* more detailed definition included in Interpretations and Definition section below
Use of Information Collected
This site shall only collect personal data that you knowingly and willingly provide by way of surveys, completed membership forms, emails, etc. It is the intent of this site to use personal data only for the purpose for which it was requested and any additional uses specifically provided on this site.
The Ferndale Downtown Development Authority may collect and may make use of personal data and usage data to assist in the operation of our website or other services, and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other services or events that may be of interest to you. We may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
The Ferndale Downtown Development Authority does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its personal data lists and/or names to any third parties.
The Ferndale Downtown Development Authority may use Personal Data and Usage Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our website and services.
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests to us.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your Personal Data or Usage Data in the following situations:
- With your consent, we may disclose your personal data for any purpose.
- Remain in conformance with any decrees, laws and/or statutes or in an effort to comply with any process which may be served upon the Ferndale Downtown Development Authority.
- Perform under demanding conditions in an good faith effort to safeguard the personal safety of those for whom we have collected data.
- With City of Ferndale: We may, under limited circumstances, provide your contact information with City of Ferndale staff or elected/appointed leaders in a good faith effort to keep you informed of matters related you.
Retention & Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the the Ferndale Downtown Development Authority operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
The Ferndale Downtown Development Authority greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Children Under Age of 13
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and/or visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communication from us and/or reserve the right to discontinue receiving communications by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe to our content please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to email@example.com.
Links to Other Web Sites
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By visiting this page on our website: www.downtownferndale.com
By phone number: 248.546.1632
By mail: 300 East Nine Mile Road, Ferndale, MI 48220
Interpretation and Definitions
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Ferndale Downtown Development Authority, 300 East Nine Mile Road, Ferndale, MI 48220.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Country refers to: Michigan, United States
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Service refers to the Website.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Website refers to Downtown Ferndale, accessible from www.downtownferndale.com
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Usage data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access our website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website by or through a mobile device.